Sup my fellow Deviantart friends and watchers, I'm BACK
(Emphasis on that B word, nah I'm just kidding -- it's only temporary )
I feel like I haven't posted graphics in some time (well go Sherlock on me I haven't posted since August 26th) and Tranquil
was my recent one before today. It's been a while and I often use my hands to physically draw traditional portraits and sketches. I have used Photoshop for my uni stuff so that was good, I felt as if I lost those Photoshopping skills I had since 2013. As much as I love to draw with a pencil, I love to ease myself by collaging pictures together. Anyways, when I visited this site again, HOLY MOLY PEOPLE, there's so many talented graphic designers I haven't acknowledged yet. Like where the hell did they come from? it's just from a snap of a finger their graphics appear or am I just living under the rock. Bahaha, no, blame my busy 'starting-the-college-life
' I guess.
For some good time roaming around weheartit and pinterest etc, I found so many stock pictures I was interested in using for my graphics -- I was like WEHEY I cannot just let these linger in my folder for a year so I could make a stock pack with these pics and use them well. I was literally spamming my downloads folder, oops
. But most of them were street pictures, but I still find them nice because of the greens and reds mixed along with the brown-yellowish background. So I was excited. Very excited to get my hands on my mouse and rummaged through these stocks, careless if I had about hundred of them in one single blend (even though that sounds hella impressive and quite a hassle, could I really do that? ). Oh and also I'm no longer active on Wattpad, which means I am no longer an MDC (Multimedia Designs Club) member. I don't feel like I could do a graphic according to the people that requests it, so I'm only going to stick to make what I desired to design.
On the other hand, I couldn't believe I passed 2000+
watchers, what have I done to deserve this? I feel like I haven't made as much graphics as other designers did, and theirs were so freaking amazing. So that was the reason I visit dA for like once or twice in two months. I just want to get that 'bring-me-back-to-photoshop
' kind of feel, ya know? But thank you for the watch, I really appreciate it.
Anyways I'll just give you some few tips in becoming a good designer in these kinds of areas.
1. Get started by downloading some textures, psds, stocks on the internet. Get to know all great designers on this website, see their amazing works and resources, use them and don't forget to credit them as well for their hardwork.
2. Play around with Photoshop, I think this is pretty much common sense. You'll learn something new each time you click a different button.
3. Join groups, a lot of groups to make you more known to the public. Contribute your artworks in as well, so they could see it.
4. Join forums, forums such as Shadowplay for etc. Haven't been on those websites for a while but they got a lot of competitions and challenges you could enter, join in for some fun & challenge yourself people! Make friends as well.
5. Watch livestream tutorials or just normal tutorials you can find which could help you. I have watched a couple during the 2013-2014 days and let me tell you, it worked magic. When I simply watched livestreams, just focus on the owner's mouse and where it's pointed to to get that result, and ask questions also.